Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, August 27, 2012

Recipe Roundup

If you follow me on Instagram, you've seen snap shots of some of the delicious new recipes we have tried recently.  All were great and of course we now have some family favorites. 


 Loaded Fruit Smoothie


Now this smoothie recipe is pretty much a mix of two pins I found on Pinterest.   The Martha Stewart oatmeal smoothie and another pin that showed making smoothie bags - baggies with 1.5 cups of sliced fruit and 3 frozen tablespoons of frozen yogurt.  And by frozen tablespoons of yogurt I mean using an ice cube tray with 1 Tbl of yogurt in each cube space.  The baggies are meant to be tossed into the blender with as much juice or milk as you like.  For me, the smoothies came out tasting like only milk or only orange from the juice so I wound up with about 6 baggies just sitting in my freezer....until now!  

Loaded Fruit Smoothie

1 - smoothie bag*
1/2 cup old fashioned rolled oats
1 - 1 1/2 tablespoons honey {this will depend on how sweet you like your smoothies}
1 cup coconut water {again this will depend on you - how thick you like your smoothie.  Start off with 1/2 cup and then slowly add as needed}

*for my smoothie bags I used strawberries, blueberries, kiwi, and bananas.  I imagine any other fruit would work too.



Hawaiian Crockpot Chicken
I'm pretty sure I'm obsessed with anything that's "Hawaiian"....it could be associated with my dream of one day living on a beach...regardless, this sandwich was delicious!
Mexican Lasagna
This was a big hit with the Hubs and I!  Nick loved the black bean, corn, and cheese layer. 



 It all turned out great! The only thing I would do next time is add some ketchup or tomato sauce to give the ground beef some color and a little more flavor.
Italian Chicken with Basil, Tomato & Parmesan Seashell Pasta
I like to cook chicken tenders more than chicken breasts because they cook faster and are much more juicy.  I recently discovered these salad dressing mix packets and decided to use them as seasoning on the chicken.  Best idea EVER!!
Tilapia with Cheesy Zucchini Rice
This rice dish was DELICIOUS!! This was probably my favorite because everyone loved it - Jacob, Nicholas, and of course me.  Tilapia was fantastic too.  Great taste and if even the toddler enjoys it, you know you have a winner!
Baked Salmon 
Not only was this salmon amazing, but it was super quick and easy to bake.  And with a side of jasmine rice that was cooked in the rice cooker - bam! Dinner was ready in under 30 minutes.  That is MAJOR with two hungry boys in the house :)


I highly recommend all these meals and hope you try them out in your home.  Feel free to leave the link to your recipe posts in my comments so I can check them out too :)

Thanks for stopping by!
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Hello,
    I just wanted to take a minute to tell you that you have a great site! Keep up the good work.


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! If you can, click on the Join this Site icon on the left sidebar so you won't ever miss an update!

      Delete