Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, February 21, 2013

Currently...{February edition}

I am SO excited about this year and all the AMAZING plans I have for Royal Feather {the shop}.  I am very passionate about my store and dream for it to become THE gift and accessories destination that everyone would think of when they need a special gift.  I'm working hard and steadily building my brand and my business to get to that level.  I hope you will stick around and follow me along my journey.  Don't forget to follow the blog {click Join This Site at the bottom of the left column} so you can always stay up-to-date with all that's happening in our little world.  But for now, I'm currently...

LOVING:  that my husband and I were able to take a mini vacation Super Bowl weekend.  We jetted off to Las Vegas and did all the fun stuff - shop, gamble, eat, and enjoy all the craziness Vegas has to offer.  
Quick photo op in front of the Trevi Fountain while shopping at the Forum Shops inside Caesar's Palace
The BEST part of the weekend was the George Strait concert we went to.  I've seen him in concert several times before but this one was special since I was fortunate enough to enjoy it with my husband. Such a great night and loved hearing all of George Strait's classics like Amarillo by Morning, The Chair, hits from Pure Country, and of course The Cowboy Rides Away. 

Martina McBride was phenomenal! Her voice is just amazing and she's so beautiful - great show!
 
READING:  Every night before bed, I read Nicholas two-three books as part of his little bedtime routine.  His library is pretty big so I strive to read him something different every night. Although some how his 'Trucks' book manages to slip into rotation very often.  This little boy loves trains, trucks, cars, and Mickey Mouse.  What are your favorite bed time story books?  

WATCHING:  hardly anything these days.  When Nick gets home from school he wants to watch a few episodes of Dora the Explorer, Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, or Little Einsteins.  But stocked up on our DVR are the usual juicy dramas for us - Dallas, Suits, Revenge, Nashville and of course our favorite crime dramas too - CSI Las Vegas and Law & Order SVU.  While Nick is catching up on his shows, I'm making dinner and our breakfast and lunches for the following day.  After that, its bath, story time, and then bed for our munchkin.  We've been blessed to have a baby that has always been a great sleeper.  Before I go to bed, I like to sneak in to his room and check on him.  I caught this great snapshot of him the other night.  

Yes, that's a Micky Mouse, a bear, a rabbit, and "Gilbert" his Glow Seahorse all in his crib.  They HAVE to be in there in order for him to be ready for bed.  Kids and their crazy ways :)
    
THINKING ABOUT:  all the things on my always growing "to do" list.  I'm planning out what merchandise to bring into the shop next {it's going to be super cute accessories for boys AND girls}, printing flyers, reprinting more business cards, our current CUTEST BABY PHOTO CONTEST which is going to followed by a few more AMAZING giveaways, scheduling my Pilates regimen around Jacob's Crossfit schedule, building Nick's outfit for his Easter pictures, and getting ready to participate in a few local marketplace events.  Plus throw in the usual grocery shopping, breakfast/lunch/dinner making, and laundry.  I'm exhausted just typing all that!   

ANTICIPATING:  heading to Dallas next month to attend the blogging conference BlissDom! I'm so excited to be attending and to learn how to be a better blogger.  When I first started this blog, I wanted to have a creative outlet while I was staying home with Nicholas.  I wanted people to see that there was a real Mom behind Royal Feather in order for them to feel confident about their purchases - to know that what we have to offer are tried and true products that are meant to be useful and fun.  I wanted to be able to interact with parents all over the world because I feel that's how we learn and grow as parents - when we talk to one another and exchange ideas and advice.  
  
WISHINGfor a baby girl :) We'd love to give Nicholas a sibling soon but with so much we have going on I begin to wonder how we would manage one more child.  Of course I know it can be done and it will happen when it should.  But I can't help but look for inspiration for a baby girl's nursery on Pinterest and even toss around names for this future baby.  Jacob and I had even thought about both of us going back to school to get our Master's degrees but then we'd REALLY not have any spare time.  I guess we'll just wait and see what God has in store for us.  I know he will never bring us to something we wouldn't be able to handle :) 
    
MAKING ME HAPPYIs it cheesy if I say my LIFE?! My life and who I spend it with truely does make me happy every day.  I created my store from scratch and continue to mold it and shape it into what I feel it needs to be.  I'm constantly growing more passionate about it and I just KNOW that it will become the store front I've always dreamed of.  We have this beautiful little boy that constantly amazes us and makes us smile and laugh without even trying.  He has such a sweet soul and is quite the little charmer; he'll have you wrapped around his little finger in no time!  He attends a preschool that he loves going to every day - that alone makes me happy! To watch his little face light up when he sees his teacher and his friends is just awesome.  I can go about my day knowing that he's learning and having fun in a safe and comfortable environment.  He's constantly learning something new {ie. days of the week, alphabet - and yes, he sings it, numbers 1-12, colors, shapes, math, and he planted seeds this week!}  My husband has been my #1 fan since the day we met and was so supportive when I came to him with my idea to start Royal Feather.  He patiently listens to me as I constantly brainstorm ideas with him, shlepped the the NEVER ENDING halls of the Dallas Market Center last Summer while I was on the hunt for the perfect new merchandise for the shop, builds my booth displays, sets up and breaks down most of my displays at events, and most importantly, is the most hard-working and devoted man I know.  And he {mostly ;) } does it all with zero complaints.  He's an amazing husband, father, and supporter AND I simply couldn't ask for more.  I'm blessed to have a cousin who is my best friend.  She'll help me out in a pinch, always makes me laugh but lets me be serious with her too, is an awesome nanny to Nicholas, and is so much like me it's almost scary.  And lastly, I'm fortunate to have an amazing Mom.  She'll do anything for her children and grandchildren, drop whatever she's doing at a moment's notice just to lend a helping hand, be our biggest supporter, love unconditionally, and most importantly, she's always there for us.  God has blessed our little family with so many beautiful things that there is no way I couldn't be happy.  

***CONTEST TIME***  For all my lovely locals {anyone who lives in the Rio Grande Valley}, don't forget to submit your photos for our CUTEST BABY PHOTO CONTEST.  The submission deadline has been extended until this Sunday, February 24th at 9:00pm CST.  Voting will begin Monday morning at 6:00am and continue through Friday, March 1 at 9:00pm.  The photo with the most LIKES will be announced as the winner shortly after voting has ended.  The lucky winner will win a free 1-hour on location photo session {could be just your child or entire family, you pick}, artistic editing, 20 digital images, virtual gallery, AND (10) 4x6 prints.  This fabulous prize is being sponsored by the talented Esmeralda of Luz Natural Fotografia.     

Thank you everyone for stopping by!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment