Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Retail Therapy

Saturday I went to the mall to buy some necessities for Nicholas and came out with some little goodies for myself as well, I just couldn't resist :)

During Nick's first year I stopped wearing strong perfumes and lotions because I didn't want to overwhelm his little senses with such powerful scents.  So since he's bigger and walking now and doesn't have to be carried and risk having my perfume transfer onto him and his clothes, I'm welcoming perfumes back into my life!  There were so many great options to choose from and it was very difficult to pick just one!  My perfumes of choice need to smell fresh, clean, fruity, a little sweet, and need to have staying power - but never so strong that people sitting at the next table from you at a restaurant can smell it {that happened to us before we went shopping - yuck!!}.  So, these were my options:
Hippie Chic won over the other three but it took me a while to finally make my selection.  Once this bottle runs out and I need a refill I might purchase the Bvlgari Omnia or the Armani one....oh who knows! By then there will probably be a whole slew of new perfumes to chose from. 

And then of course, I had to go to Sephora and pick up this super versatile eye shadow palette that I have been lusting over for quite some time now.  Urban Decay did release a new version, Naked 2, but I like the original better.
This super fab palette also includes a brush and a bottle of their lid primer.  I love how these colors can be worn solo for a simple daytime look but also layered to match a more dressy evening outfit.
Now I couldn't leave Jacob out of our little shopping fun.  His shirt of choice is usually a traditional Polo shirt and fortunately for my wallet Dillard's was having an amazing sale.  Almost the entire Ralph Lauren Spring/Summer collection was on sale.  Polos were half off!!    

And one last little treasure I discovered was a new store, Call it Spring.  A pair of some cute and comfy flats caught my eye and an awesome handbag.  I couldn't decide what color to get the bag in so I figured I would go back later if I really felt like I had to have it.  After walking around the store and looking over all the merchandise, I kind of felt as if I was inside Aldo but with much nicer price tags.  When I got home I whipped open my MacBook and hit up Google -  sure enough, Call it Spring is an Aldo Group brand.  And luckily I didn't purchase anything because once I was on their website, I saw an opportunity to get a 10% off coupon.  All you have to do is sign up for their newsletter.  So you see, good things do come to those who wait :)     

What kind of retail therapy have you indulged in lately?
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment