Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, August 23, 2012

Weekend Wrap-Up and More

This post is so overdue!!  Things have been a little crazy at our house the past couple of days...we've been working to finish the pergola and cleaning up the garage a little at a time.  And I've been working to clean out and re-organize Nick's closet and playroom.  So, my apologies for the short absence, but I'm finally back!!

This past weekend wasn't too out of the ordinary for us except for the fact that Jacob and I were finally able to squeeze in Date Night and a new baby girl was welcomed into our family!!

Jacob had to work both Saturday and Sunday but the silver lining was that he was home by about 5:00 Saturday afternoon. That left us with enough time for a quick bite and a movie.  I snagged a coupon off of Facebook and we jetted to Chili's.  The coupon was for a free appetizer with the purchase of one entree.  Yes, our food choices weren't the best "health-wise" but they were so delicious and so worth every calorie!  

Darn Southwest Egg Rolls looked so delicious I ate one before I got to snap a photo!!
Afterwards we went and enjoyed the hilarious new Will Ferrel / Zack Galifianakis movie, The Campaign.  Sometimes a good comedy that is purely for entertainment (no thinking necessary here) is what you need at the end of a long week.  

Earlier that day, I had planned a Sunday brunch to celebrate my cousin's return home.  Not that she was very far all summer, just a few hundred miles, but Nicholas loves being with her so much {and of course we do too} that we couldn't help but plan a little get together right away.  We stopped at HEB after the movie and picked up some brunch necessities -  one of which included a bottle of pre-made Mimosas :)  Sunday morning couldn't come soon enough!

I wasn't expecting my cousin till around 11am or so, but when a text message came in at around 8am, I was a bit concerned so I checked it immediately.  It was her, but instead of saying she was on her way over, she informed me that her older sister was in labor!!  Baby Lucia was going to make her debut a few weeks early!!  This was all pretty exciting news for us and we couldn't wait for her arrival.  All day I prayed for a safe delivery and for baby and Mommy to be well.  Fortunately for us, all our prayers were answered.

Waffles & Mimosas...mmmm....and cheers to Baby Lucia!!
And here she is! Beautiful little Lucia :)  Left: just a few days old  Right: her first day at home on her fluffy bear blanket.  So peaceful...she's smiling while she naps!

Tuesday night was another "first" for Nicholas - his first night out of his ducky tub and into the big boy bath tub! Thank you Jesus for another smooth transition.  From birth to about 5 months he used the Puj tub in our bathroom sink.  I can't tell you how much I loved that thing!  Its lightweight, soft, comfortable, and isn't cold to the touch like some of those hard plastic tubs can be.  Not to mention, it's a HUGE back saver.  Standing at a sink to bathe your little one versus hunching over a bath tub will prevent a lot of back aches.  Once Nick was big enough to reach the faucet and turn the handles by himself I knew he needed to move to the bathtub.  But at that age, he wasn't sitting up quite yet so we used the inflatable ducky tub.  He loved that duck! The fact that it "quacked" when you squeezed the beak was so much fun for him.  He technically still fits in the ducky but I figured I'd try and give him more room.  Sure enough, he was in bathtub heaven.  Our little guy is growing more and more everyday and becoming pretty independent.  I'm such a proud Momma but so sad to see he's not our little bitty baby anymore.  Time flies!  


 
How was your weekend and/or week?  What did you do?     
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment