Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Cheers to Many More Years!

Today Jacob and I celebrate our wedding anniversary!  I'm usually pretty private about my husband, but since I'm so open about our activities with Nicholas and all the other aspects of our lives, I'm making an exception.

Jacob and I met on a Sunday afternoon on a Southwest flight that was headed for LA.  We were both on our way to California for work trips and didn't even notice one another until he sat next to me on the second leg of the flight.  His rather chatty co-worker was adament that the both of them move into the empty seats that were next to me.  I didn't mind as long as I didn't have to give up my aisle seat :)  For the most part, I was tuning them out as I kept to myself and my Jodi Picoult novel.  Little by little, Jacob kept trying to make small talk with me so I put my guard down and we chatted the rest of the flight.  As the plane began to make it's descent, I found myself not wanting the flight to end!  We really clicked!  I couldn't believe I had just had an amazing conversation with someone who was funny, educated, had a good job, and had so many similar interests as I did.  

Once the plane landed and everyone started making their way off the plane, I gathered my carry-on and we said our goodbyes.  I was feeling pretty disappointed that he didn't make an attempt to ask for my number or email address or anything.  As I walked off the plane I found myself getting annoyed with the whole situation and just told myself he was such a jerk - "this guy is such a loser! He's probably married or has a girlfriend and here he is hitting on me! The nerve of some men! Ugh!!"  I told myself to forget it all and to just enjoy my few days in California and simply concentrate on work.  As my co-worker and I were waiting at baggage claim, who do I see making his way towards me?! Yup, that's right, Jacob.  I thought, "Oh no! This is going to be so awkward!! Maybe I'll just keep my back turned and he'll stay away."  It's all so hilarious now....remembering it all....good memories.  Just like I had feared, Jacob came right up to me and just picked up our conversation where we had left off.  I didn't want to seem too interested but we somehow got to talking about the season finale of CSI Las Vegas (my all time favorite TV show) and how we couldn't believe that they would just kill off Warrick Brown!!...and the rest is history.

We didn't see each other again until about a week after we were both back in Austin and our whirlwind romance just continued from there.  From the beginning we knew what we wanted for our futures and our futures included each other.  We've endured quite a bit of hardships in our short time together - the loss of my Father, living 400 miles apart from one another for most of our engagement, criticism from people regarding our relationship, and being laid-off while I was on maternity leave - just to name a few.  We may not see just how strong we are in the midst of all the craziness sometimes, but I know there is no one else I would rather be going through it with.  At the end of the day, we have a roof over our heads, food on our table, a beautiful and healthy son, and God on our side.  We couldn't be luckier.  We may not be perfect as individuals, but we work together perfectly.  Cheers to us!!









Hope you enjoyed the photos and thanks for stopping by!

  
Photobucket

3 comments: