Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Here Comes Peter Cottontail

Well another Easter has come and gone, and I'm actually a little sad about it.  The warm weather, all the bright and cheery colors of the season, and seeing the smiles on our children's faces as they run around in search for all their eggs and then watch as confetti flies all over, is such a wonderful feeling.

We were pretty busy last week prepping for an Easter party, assembling mini Easter baskets, and painting egg shells.  Here's a look at our life last week in pictures - enjoy :)

Goldfish carrots for the mini Easter baskets

Bunny Bait treats I made for an Easter party
Nicholas was invited to - it was delicious!

This picture makes me laugh every timeI see it! It looks like he's
holding on fordear life!

Working on his little egg decorating project

Score! Nicholas came out with a Rice Krispie Treat!  He kept going back for those...
I think he was mesmerized by the shiny, blue wrapper.


As kids, we always colored Easter eggs with food coloring and vinegar, but I always remember hating the smell.  So now, on Pinterest of course, I learned you can color egg shells with Kool-Aid.  So here's Nick's first attempt at it.  Not too bad for a 15-month old :)


Here are the colors we used for his "Kool-Eggs"

I was pretty surprised to see that we didn't make a huge mess!
Nicholas would just color one egg at a time and then
 let me take it out so it could dry.  I was loving how into it he was!

Now we moved up to coloring 3 colors at one time!

And here is his masterpiece


Saturday afternoon, Nicholas went over to his cousin's house for another Easter party and he had a blast.  Another piñata and another egg hunt!! I was a little disappointed that I couldn't make it to the party (my husband and I had bought tickets months before for a concert out of town. At the time of the purchase, I hadn't realized it was on Easter weekend.  But I knew our son was in good hands with my Mom and sister).  

Nicholas waving "hey" with his cousins Kayla & Claire

Piñata time!!

LOL! He's very happy to have found another Easter basket

Confetti in his curls




On Easter Sunday, we were able to get a great picture of Nicholas with his Easter baskets.  I love his madras pants!





And last but not least, here are a few of my favorite shots of Nick all dressed up for his Easter pictures.  Thank you to All Good Productions for these great photos!






I hope everyone had a blessed and memorable Easter! 

2 comments:

  1. I'll have to try the kool-aid eggs! Great idea and thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! It was super easy, a little messy, but fun nonetheless.

    ReplyDelete