Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, April 27, 2012

We Love Our Mother Earth


Finally! I've just now been able to squeeze in some time to update the blog.  Things have been a little chaotic over at our house this week - our son was battling his first-ever fever that was caused by an ear infection, then a bad reaction to the antibiotics, then loss of appetite, and finally he's back to normal.  Not to mention we received a new shipment of merchandise that needed to be tagged and then uploaded to the website.  Craziness!!

This past Sunday, we celebrated Earth Day by creating a little herb garden.  As I've mentioned before, I'm just now getting a little more comfortable cooking and I find it incredibly frustrating when I find a recipe that needs parsley or cilantro so I go to the store and buy some, only to have it spoil days later because I only needed 1/4 tsp of it.  With that in mind, I decided to make a little garden where we can always have fresh herbs available.  

I had my heart set on a particular pot that I had seen at The Home Depot.  But of course, when we went to buy it, there was only one left and it had a crack right over the edge of it.  So off we went to hunt down another one!  After two more stops, I finally found another one that was perfect.  


I started off with 3 bags of Organic Choice potting soil, my awesome pot, and 6 different herbs -
parsley, cilantro, sage, rosemary, mint, and basil.

Ta-da!! All finished!    


After I started my little project I realized that all 6 herbs weren't going to fit.  I ended up returning the basil because I know how much it will grow and we won't have use for all of it.  I'd hate for it to go to waste. 





I love how my mini herb garden turned out and it only took me about an hour to do it.  While my son was having a blast on his swing, I was able to get it all finished.  Only downside, the mosquitos!! I'm anxious to see how these little guys grow!  Now all I need are cute little markers for each herb...any idea where I can find some?

Thanks for stopping by!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment