Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Hello World!

It's official...I've just joined the blogosphere!  I'm a little nervous but a wholelotta excited too :)

For starters, my name is Lorie and I'm the proud owner of Royal Feather.  Royal Feather is my online boutique that I started after my son was born.  While I was pregnant, I scoured the internet to find the best options of everything for him - car seats, strollers, baby monitors, breast pumps, bassinet / co-sleeper options, diaper bags, bath towels, bath time necessities, etc. - I just wanted to make sure we were prepared for our little guy.  Once he was born and the weeks went by, I realized that my "Mommy Must-haves List" had grown immensely! And I was so obsessed with my son and the things he needed that I found myself looking for other parents to share all my newfound knowledge with!  

After numerous nights of brainstorming with my husband (and some much needed encouragement), I decided to launch Royal Feather last year.  Doing so has been one of the most rewarding ideas I've ever had!  Being able to connect with other parents and sharing experiences is so amazing.  While I was pregnant, I didn't receive very much advice about what to shop for, what things were essential or what we could do without.  Walking into Babies R Us for the first time and seeing aisle after aisle of things I had never heard of (Soothing Nipple Cream...seriously? I'm going to need that?!) was extremely overwhelming.  So after we went through new experiences and milestones (and continue to do so) with our son, being able to pass on any useful information and advice is something I love to do.  Mind you, I'm totally aware that we only have 1 child right now so that doesn't make me an expert.  But I'd like to think that I can give some pretty good insight if need be ;)

Royal Feather is currently stocked with all merchandise that I hand-selected myself.  I try to make sure the children's gifts and accessories I select are as green as possible - BPA, phthalates, & lead-free and made with organic cotton and are unique items that will take you and your child through multiple stages in their life.  And as an added little bonus, I also included a few home decor pieces as part of my shop for all you Mommas and Poppas that enjoy decorating your home as well.  I know how difficult it can be to head out to the store and shop for "breakables" with a baby and/or toddler in tow.

As a follower of my blog, look forward to reading about projects I find on Pinterest and hand off to the Hubs to complete (love you honey!), new recipies I'm brave enough to try, and just the fun-filled adventures that fill our lives daily.  Cheers!    

1 comment: